What Is Payroll? – Definition and Components
by Mike Kappel on November 30, 2015
If your business has employees, you’ll have to do payroll. There’s no way to avoid it, but what is payroll?
Well, payroll can mean a few different things:
- Payroll refers to the employees you pay, along with employee information.
- Payroll is also the amount you pay employees during each pay period.
- Or payroll can refer to the process of actually calculating and distributing wages and taxes.
Let’s dive deeper into the parts of payroll.
Explore Our Blog
- Popular Payroll Blog Posts
- Payroll Regulations
- Pay Types & Incentives
- Running Payroll
- Payroll Taxes & Deadlines
- View All…