1st May declared Maharashtra Day
In the middle of 1959, President Dr. Rajendra Prasad decided to form separate region for Marathi speaking Maharashtra State and Gujarati speaking Gujarat state.
At last under the leadership of Com. Dange on 1st May 1960, Maharashtra was formed along with Mumbai. Unfortunately Goa, Belgaum and Karwar were separated.
In the memory of 106 sacrificed lives, Hutatma Smarak was built at Flora Fountain.
- Photo Gallery
- Fight of a Common Man
- Dhar Commission
- J.V.P Commission
- Tri-state Scheme
- Dictatorship of Morarji Desai
- 106 People Sacrificed Life
- Nehru was shown black flag
- 1st May declared Maharashtra Day
- Samyukta Maharashtra Smriti Dalan